Strathcona Wilderness Institute (SWI) is inviting applications for the position of Outreach Coordinator, and CVN was asked for assistance by John Brocklebank, Director SWI. Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach Coordinator PDF
The Directors of Strathcona Wilderness Institute (SWI) invite applications for a paid renewable contract position of Outreach Coordinator to assist the Directors in support of the SWI goal “to inspire awareness, appreciation and stewardship of Strathcona Provincial Park BC through education and participation”.
A summary of duties:
– development of a strategic plan for the promotion of SWI and Fundraising
– involvement with the organization of the Strathcona Park Wilderness Centre at Paradise Meadows (open from mid-June to Thanksgiving) and the Buttle Lake Information Hut (open from mid-June to mid-September)
– liaison with community agencies , similar organizations and the media to promote SWI
– participation in planning and discussion at monthly Board meetings.
Qualifications should include :
– experience with public education in the context of BC Parks
– experience with public fundraising for a ‘not-for-profit Society’
– volunteering experience in a supervisory position
– Strong personal communication skills
– Computer skills
For fuller information on the position regarding duties, qualifications and remuneration please see the outreach-coordinator-contract-details.
To apply, please send a letter indicating how you meet the requirements for this position, together with a CV or Resume and the names plus contact details for two references, to the Chair of the Board, Strathcona Wilderness Institute.
Email address : email@example.com
Mailing address : SWI, PO Box 3404, Courtenay, BC, V9N 5N5.
Closing date for applications : November 10th, 2016.
Starting date for position: January 2017.