Annually, for more than twenty years, Comox Valley Nature (CVN) has awarded a bursary of $1000 to a Comox Valley graduating grade 12 student who is planning a career in the biological or environmental sciences.
The bursary is funded primarily from donations to CVN. If you would like to support the bursary, you can donate online through our payment processor (Square) or by another payment method.
Read about past recipients of the bursary in our archives. Learn more about CVN here.
Any student graduating from a facility managed by School District 71, including the following, may apply for the bursary:
- Georges P. Vanier Secondary
- Glacier View Secondary
- Highland Secondary
- Mark R. Isfeld Secondary
- Nala’atsi Alternate School (for students with Indigenous ancestry)
- Navigate (NIDES – North Island Distance Education School)
- Have a career goal in biological or environmental sciences.
- Enroll in a relevant post-secondary academic program.
- Indicate financial need.
- Have been actively involved in environmental or natural history-related activities, either at school or with CVN or other environment-related organizations.
- Have high academic standing in relevant science courses.
- Claim the bursary within 15 months of graduation.
How to apply
- Download and complete the CVN Bursary Application Form.
- Obtain and complete your school’s general Bursary Application.
- Submit both the CVN-specific form and your school’s general form to your school.