Annually, for more than twenty years, Comox Valley Nature (CVN) has awarded a bursary of $1000 to a Comox Valley graduating grade 12 student who is planning a career in the biological or environmental sciences.
Any student graduating from a facility managed by School District 71, including the following, may apply for this year’s bursary:
- Georges P. Vanier Secondary
- Glacier View Secondary
- Highland Secondary
- Mark R. Isfeld Secondary
- Nala’atsi Alternate School (for students with Indigenous ancestry)
- Navigate (NIDES – North Island Distance Education School)
Read about past recipients of the bursary in our archives.
Learn more about CVN here.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have a career goal in biological or environmental sciences.
- Enroll in a relevant post-secondary academic program.
- Indicate financial need.
- Have been actively involved in environmental or natural history-related activities, either at school or with CVN or other environment-related organizations.
- Have high academic standing in relevant science courses.
- Claim the bursary within 15 months of graduation.
How to apply
- Download and complete the CVN Bursary Application Form.
- Obtain and complete your school’s general Bursary Application.
- Submit both the CVN-specific form and your school’s general form to your school.