Comox Valley Nature offers a variety of field trips and activities, both through the main society and from activities. Themes include plant walks, birding and bird counts, intertidal exploration, invasive weed control work, habitat restoration, and much more.
Meetings of Comox Valley Nature are held on the third Sunday of most months at the Florence Filberg Centre, 411 Anderton Ave. Courtenay BC at 7:00 pm. A Guest Speaker precedes a brief business meeting. Meetings are open to the public, including youth. A donation of $4.00 is suggested for non-members, and new memberships are always welcomed. Meetings are not held in July, August, and December.
Check the Events category for upcoming Outing and Reports on activities. Also, check the calendar at the bottom of this page.
- Club membership is required for most CVN field trips and for some events. Members may bring one guest or family. Check ahead with the leader. The trip list may not be up to date, and occasionally trips have to be changed (or may be added) due to seasonal variations etc. Please also check for posts on upcoming Field Trips and Birding Outings.
- Leaders will ask field trip participants who are not CVN members to sign a waiver recognizing that there are risks inherent to all outdoor activities. (CVN members have already signed a similar waiver when they renewed their memberships.) The membership form and the required waiver can be found at the Contact Us section.
- On field trips wear suitable clothing and footwear, and bring a snack or lunch. No dogs please.
- Share traveling expenses when car-pooling: 10 cents per km per person.
- For any comments on field trips, activities, or suggestions for future field trips, please use the Contact Us section.
- Some of the details of past trips are covered in our Newsletter, which may be emailed as a .pdf file from the Contact Us section.