Notice to CVN Group Chairs, Walk Leaders, and Work Parties
The CVN Board met via the internet on March 17 to discuss a number of items including recommendations for CVN-sponsored activities. While these activities are important to CVN, we must follow all recommendations from public health officials to ensure the safety of our members, while allowing them to enjoy the known benefits of getting out into nature. Activities remain at the discretion of the leaders at this time, but are subject to change as the situation evolves. Please note these points:
- The groups should be fewer than 10 participants. If a large group shows up, perhaps splitting up would be better.
- Members who are sick or displaying any sign of the flu should refrain from participating, and the leader has the authority to ask a member to leave the group if there are any concerns.
- Members who have recently returned from outside Canada are being asked by the Canadian Government to self-isolate for 2 weeks.
- “Social distancing” (healthy spacing) of 2 metres between participants is suggested. Watch for crowding on narrow paths. Spread out along the trails and do not bunch up when stopped.
- Carpooling is not recommended at this time.
- Work groups should distance themselves and take the other precautions as well.
- Non-member participation should be dissuaded. Day waivers will need to be signed for any non-members on the CVN activity.