The Comox Valley Naturalists Society offers a variety of field trips and activities. Themes include plant walks, birding and bird counts, intertidal exploration, invasive weed control work, habitat restoration, and much more.
Check the Field Trips category for upcoming Field Trips and Reports on activities . Also, check the calendar at the bottom of this page.
- Club membership is required for most CVNS field trips and for some events. Members may bring one guest or family. Check ahead with the leader. The trip list may not be up to date, and occasionally trips have to be changed (or may be added) due to seasonal variations etc. Please also check for posts on upcoming Field Trips and Birding Outings.
- Leaders will ask field trip participants who are not CVNS members to sign a waiver recognizing that there are risks inherent to all outdoor activities. (CVNS members have already signed a similar waiver when they renewed their memberships.) The membership form and the required waiver can be found at the Contact Us section.
- On field trips wear suitable clothing and footwear, and bring a snack or lunch. No dogs please.
- Share travelling expenses when car-pooling: 10 cents per km per person.
- For any comments on field trips, activities, or suggestions for future field trips, please use the Contact Us section.
- Some of the details of past trips are covered in our Newsletter, which may be emailed as a .pdf file from the Contact Us section.